Imaging evaluation of the airway is essential in a variety of clinical situations. The role of imaging in diagnosis and management of disease processes involving the oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, and trachea is discussed. Characteristic imaging futures of several disorders are illustrated.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- CT Evaluation of laryngotracheal trauma.Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 1998; 2: 105-116
- CT findings in isolated laryngeal trauma.Laryngorhinootologie. 2005; 84: 583-588
- An outpatient medical treatment protocol for peritonsillar abscess.Ear Nose Throat J. 2006; 85 (660): 658
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration cytology in the diagnosis and management of thyroid nodules.Cytopathology. 2006; 17: 251-256
- Chondroma and chondrosarcoma of the larynx.Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004; 12: 98-105
- Chondroid tumors of the larynx: A clinicopathologic study of 19 cases, including two dedifferentiated chondrosarcomas.Ann Diagn Pathol. 2004; 8: 189-197
- Modern management of laryngotracheal stenosis.Laryngoscope. 2006; 116: 1553-1557
- Preoperative assessment in patients with postintubation tracheal stenosis: Rigid and flexible bronchoscopy versus spiral CT scan with multiplanar reconstructions.Surg Endosc. 2006; 20: 905-908
- Tracheobronchial stenosis: role of virtual endoscopy in diagnosis and follow-up after therapy.Radiol Med (Torino). 2006; 111: 1064-1077
- Multidetector CT virtual bronchoscopy to grade tracheobronchial stenosis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2002; 178: 1195-1200
- Demographics and diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiol Clin North Am. 2005; 23 (v): 405-420
- Upper airway imaging in obstructive sleep apnea.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2006; 12: 397-401
- Upper airway imaging.Clin Chest Med. 1998; 19: 33-54
- CT in the evaluation of the upper airway in healthy subjects and in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.Chest. 1998; 113: 111-116
- Evaluation of the upper airway cross-sectional area changes in different degrees of severity of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: Cephalometric and dynamic CT study.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005; 26: 2624-2629
- Recurrent laryngeal nerve paralysis: anatomy and etiology.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2004; 37 (v): 25-44
- Contemporary evaluation of unilateral vocal cord paralysis.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1992; 107: 84-90
© 2007 Mosby, Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.