Gender affirming rhinoplasty is integral to gender-affirming facial surgery, and while sharing some characteristics with cisgender rhinoplasty, there are particular considerations, goals, and techniques of which to be aware. This publication will share how these authors approach feminizing rhinoplasty along with standard operative techniques for select common feminizing interventions by subsite. Techniques will proceed from cephalic to caudal and are not exhaustive of the many possible surgical interventions that are useful in gender-affirming rhinoplasty. Ultimate choice of approach and technique are chosen to meet the individual goals of each patient.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Aesthetics of the nasal dorsum: Proportions, light, and shadow.Facial Plast Surg. 2017; 33: 120-124https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1598626
- The role of nasal feminization rhinoplasty in male-to female gender reassignment.Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007; 9: 318-320
- Aesthetic facial analysis.in: Flint P Haughey B Lund V Niparko J Robbins K Thomas J Cummings Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery. Vol 1. 6th ed. Saunders/Elsevier, Philadelphia2015: 273-285https://doi.org/10.1002/hed.20589
- Gender and nasal shape: Measures for rhinoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 121: 629-637https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000298095.18943.72
- The modified upper lip lift: Advanced approach with deep-plane release and secure suspension: 823-patient series.Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2019; 27 (Aug): 385-398https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsc.2019.04.004
Published online: January 18, 2023
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.